The Video Editor / Motion Designer plays a key role in our Creative practice area and reports to the Creative Director. This role conceptualizes, designs and executes the production of video content and other digital features on topics related to the client’s strategy. The Editor / Designer also assists in the development of project scripts and outlines, giving technical feedback during the process. The Editor / Designer designs and produces high quality motion graphics to be used in videos, websites, presentations and digital products. The role also edits together original footage, and/or stock photos/video for videos, websites, presentations and digital products, and delivers final animations and video optimized in the format chosen for their dissemination (web, social media, large presentation screen, social media).
This is an opportunity to join a growing company that places high value on innovation and creativity for the digital content we produce for our clients.
- Collaborates closely with Crafted creative, strategy, content and clients on developing video and other digital concepts and projects. Ensures that products meet goals and budgets.
- Assists in designing and creating storyboards and scripts.
- Designs and delivers high quality motion graphics optimized for video/web/social media dissemination.
- Selects, edits, and incorporates third party content (stills, footage, music, graphics, etc.) as needed.
- Retouches, corrects, and color-grades video and photo content.
- Works directly with external consultants (videographers, photographers, narrators, programmers, voice artists, animators, translators, developers/coders), ensuring that their work matches the quality and branding of Crafted.
- Tracks new content trends and technologies to ensure that Crafted’s output remains on the cutting edge.
Your Required Education and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (fine arts, multimedia production, journalism, or social sciences) with relevant technical training in video and digital design and production.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in video and digital content development, with strong capabilities in graphic design and video production.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Ability to synthesize and present concepts and data for a general audience using multiple forms of media (video, animation, stills, graphics, etc.).
- Experience in short-form storytelling through various editorial techniques including cuts, transitions, timing and the effective use of sound and visuals to communicate.
Your Personal Attributes & Skills
- Demonstrated project management skills. Experience guiding video and multimedia projects from conception through completion.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, proactive and comfortable with a high level of autonomy.
- Comfortable with (and eager to create) change and fluidity based on circumstances; embraces frequent change and uncertainty.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task; calm under pressure.
- Positive attitude with humility and a sense of humor.
- Strong results-orientation with high attention to detail.
In order to be considered for a position, email your resume to: email@example.com