The Web Technical Project Manager role plays a pivotal role on the professional services team, collaborating with the marketing, creative, development and account leaders. The professional services team is responsible for building and evolving a variety of different websites and web applications to support marketing and sales objectives for some of the most innovative manufacturing companies.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly organized and knowledgeable practitioner who fluently speaks the language of web development and technologies (though not necessarily a developer), and who knows how to apply and adapt processes, overcome challenges, and achieve strategic objectives. They will also be skilled at translating stakeholder requests and visions into tangible specifications, project plans and roadmaps.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Marketing, Design, and Development leaders to deliver a unified prioritized roadmap that incorporates input and feedback from multiple stakeholder teams.
- Develop requirements for new features and product enhancements that meet stakeholder needs and incorporate feedback from the professional services team.
- Clearly document and communicate requirements and ensure they are thoughtfully implemented and thoroughly tested.
- Collaborate with QA, Design, and Development to develop a plan for the release and track the team’s delivery to that plan.
- Collect and analyze feedback from clients, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- Host and facilitate team meetings to ensure teams are on track, open questions are closed quickly, and obstacles are removed.
- Partner with QA to help suffuse quality and effective testing through every stage of development.
- Optimize cross-functional development processes to meet the scaling organization’s needs and deliver predictable results.
- Write and manage team documentation (both technical and non-technical).
- Anticipate and resolve risks and roadblocks to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Assess, triage and resolve any website technical issues
- Partner with leadership by participating in strategy discussions, internal process reviews, and fostering cross-segment alignment.
Your Required Education and Professional Experience
- Proven success as a technical project manager for middle market and enterprise website development teams.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools.
- Experience taking ideas and ambiguous data, defining the right outcome, and then mapping the right roadmap/backlog to get there.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute on competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across leadership levels, as well as both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Software development experience is a plus, but not required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth, and rapidly changing environment.
- Passionate about collaborating with a variety of different functions and levels to deliver
- Direct or indirect marketing with B2B manufacturing industry
Your Personal Attributes & Skills
- A collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced environment across multi-disciplinary teams
- A problem solver; someone who will jump in, no matter the task, to ensure that the deliverables are done well.
- Someone who can think independently, is self-assured in making tough decisions and can adapt to changing environments.
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, and resilient to shifting priorities.
- Confidence; presence and poise; high cognitive and emotional intelligence; competitiveness; empathy; resiliency; work ethic; leading by example
- Team player who works well collaboratively and is quick to credit others
- Positive attitude with humility and a sense of humor
- Effective project management skills and the ability to multi-task; calm under pressure
- Strong intellectual curiosity and high attention to detail
- Desire for autonomy and pro-active initiative
- Comfortable with (and eager to create) change and fluidity based on circumstances
What We Offer
- Be part of a team that likes to have fun and is focused on quality work and performance
- Competitive salary, health insurance, disability, 401k + match and profit sharing
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation, sick, or personal
In order to be considered for a position, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org