- We are in-person working hybrid in Charlotte, NC; in-office Tues. – Thur.
- We work to unleash the greatness that impacts our everyday lives
- We are collaborative, friendly, fun, and do amazing work
- We value the bond with each other as we build community
- We bring together brand and demand generation for B2B manufacturers
- We offer competitive compensation, paid time off and benefits
The Web Development Manager role plays a pivotal role on the professional services team leading our Web Development practice in collaboration with our UX/creative, content and demand generation team leaders.
The Web Development team is responsible for building and evolving a variety of our middle-market and enterprise client websites and web applications to support marketing and sales objectives.
The Web Development Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing our front-end development team, ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality user interfaces and exceptional user experiences across Crafted client websites. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional internal teams along with system administrators, partners and dev ops to create and manage innovative and dynamic appealing web applications.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly organized, detailed and knowledgeable web development practitioner who fluently speaks the language of web development and technologies, adapts processes, overcomes challenges, and achieves strategic objectives. They will also be skilled at translating stakeholder requests and visions into tangible requirements and specifications, project plans and roadmaps.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead and guide a team of front-end Developers responsible for coding website designs of client sites and other digital client projects while driving a collaborative environment for problem-solving and continuous improvement.
- Oversee the end-to-end development process of user interfaces and front end systems from conception to QA and deployment.
- Collaborate with designers, strategists, sys admins, dev ops and front, middle and back-end developers to translate design concepts and functional requirements into responsive and intuitive user interfaces.
- Update and maintain our coding standards and best practices for front end development, ensuring consistent implementation and adherence to industry standards.
- Write and manage team documentation (both technical and non-technical).
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain high code quality and optimize performance.
- Support the front-end development team in addressing and resolving escalated project issues.
- Collaborate with project managers to define project timelines, resource allocation and deliverables, ensuring successful project execution.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels within the team and across departments, ensuring clarity and alignment of goals and expectations.
- Works cooperatively with and sets standards for 3rd party contracting partners to ensure work meets high-quality standards and is delivered within previously agreed upon timelines.
- Participate in strategy discussions, internal process reviews, and fostering cross-segment alignment.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in front-end technologies and assess their potential applicability to enhance our development processes and deliverables.
Your Required Education and Professional Experience
- Proven success as a web development manager for middle market and enterprise website development teams.
- Experience with waterfall and agile software development methodologies and productivity tools.
- Experience taking ideas and ambiguous data, defining the right outcome, and then mapping the right roadmap to get there.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute on competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across leadership levels, as well as both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- 3 - 5 years of full stack web development experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth, and rapidly changing environment.
- Passionate collaborating with a variety of different roles to gain alignment and achieve our desired outcomes
- Direct or indirect marketing with B2B manufacturing industry
Your Personal Attributes & Skills
- A collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced environment across multi-disciplinary teams
- A problem solver; someone who will jump in, no matter the task, to ensure that the deliverables are done well.
- Someone who can think independently, is self-assured in making tough decisions and can adapt to changing environments.
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, and resilient to shifting priorities.
- Confidence; presence and poise; high cognitive and emotional intelligence; competitiveness; empathy; resiliency; work ethic; leading by example
- Team player who works well collaboratively and is quick to credit others
- Positive attitude with humility and a sense of humor
- Effective project management skills and the ability to multi-task; calm under pressure
- Strong intellectual curiosity and high attention to detail
- Desire for autonomy and pro-active initiative
- Comfortable with (and eager to create) change and fluidity based on circumstances
What We Offer
- Be part of a team that likes to have fun and is focused on quality work and performance
- Competitive salary, health insurance, disability, 401k + match and profit sharing
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation, sick, or personal
In order to be considered for a position, email your resume to: [email protected]